If you have a Netflix, Dropbox or Facebook account, then you’re already familiar with how the cloud works. It may seem intimidating since we can’t wrap our arms around it, but it’s an extremely useful tool with anywhere, anytime access and the ability to house large quantities of data without having to fill and maintain rooms with expensive hardware and software to manage it all.
In addition to saving on capital equipment, cloud computing is remotely hosted, which means IT management tasks are outsourced; taking the burden off your internal team. This includes installation, configuration and maintenance of necessary hardware. Service providers house large data centers at their host locations allowing you to count on a stable, secure environment for your data.
Why You Should Consider a Cloud Phone System
The business landscape is evolving, more employees are working remotely and the need for mobility in their workday is growing. This requires organizations to find ways to accommodate the workstyles without compromising efficiency and customer service.
Traditional phone systems can put limitations on worker flexibility and freedom of movement, which may put response time, project deadlines and customer satisfaction at risk. With a cloud phone system, you get a complete communications and collaboration solution that allows employees the flexibility they need while giving IT resources the ability to more easily manage and accommodate the scalability most growing businesses demand.
Characteristics of a Cloud Phone System
- Applications are hosted remotely by the cloud provider or a hosting partner
- Cloud providers manage the service, relieving in-house IT of most or all network-related tasks
- Services rendered as a monthly subscription expense
- Minimal up-front costs; subscription-based monthly fee with automatic updates. Maintenance fees, if applicable, are usually minimal.
- Phone system features and functionality are the same whether users are in the office, using a desk phone or on the road on a cell phone or tablet.
- Integration with other applications and cloud solutions are typically seamless; allowing your cloud-based phone system to become a hub for all other communication and collaboration tools.
- Scalable; a cloud system had the ability to grow as your business evolves, making business process changes and employee additions a simple task.
Is Your Business Ready for a Cloud-Based Phone System?
If any of these criteria match your current or future business needs, then it’s probably time to consider migrating to the cloud:
- Your business is on a growth trajectory
- You do (or plan to) have multiple office locations and/or remote workers
- In-house IT resources are limited
- Your business is experiencing competitive pressure
- Customer satisfaction levels have decreased in recent months/years
Consider talking with us today about MiCloud Connect from Mitel.
MiCloud Connect simplifies every aspect of your migration to a modern phone system. Consider ease of integration with other business tools to give your employees more resources to respond, process and collaborate. Teams will get more done with real-time, anytime collaboration including features like desktop sharing, chat and video. Adding users and functionality is no longer a hassle and the security of knowing your phone system is always updated and reliable; even when mother nature throws you a curve ball.
More resources here.